20 Temmuz 2010 Salı

Cabin Geometry

First Ideas
As I have said before, the concept had occurred to me while I was in the army. Then I had some simple ideas for the cabin. It would be look like a traditional cuboid loudspeaker but also have wheels. This wasn't very interesting or functional, so I asked a few friends that they contribute some ideas for the cabin. Arda Halu, who is an occasional caricaturist came up with the winning idea.

 Arda Halu

Here are the sketches on my notebook, drawn by Arda and myself:





 Sketching the "Star" With Mert F. Torgay

Now it was decided that we go for a star shaped loudspeaker. Then we named it as well, "Patrick". This was a reference to the Spongebob Squarepants character Patrick Star. Now we were ready for a model. I began studies in Solidworks.

Patrick Star

Solidworks Model
Using Solidworks, I drew all parts of the speaker one by one and created an assembly. First I determined the sizes of the acoustic chambers. There would be three acoustic chambers with a total volume of 25 liters. Using this information I optimized the size of the cabin and studied on the details of wooden construction. When this was done, it felt like the speaker was almost finished.

Solidworks Model

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder